Bus-stops.csv inaccuracies

Has this been improved yet? Both bus-stops.csv and bus-sequence.csv contain stops with no NAPTAN code, and also (oddly) 490000805Z is in the file twice! I can also see headings of null and some rows with carriage returns in the NAPTAN field.

Can these be corrected please? It would be terribly onerous to call the unified API for this data, hundreds of times.

The documentation states that these files are generated weekly, but the comments here suggest otherwise. Maybe a header/trailer record could be added with a date in it?

Hi @JohnSmith

Can you please let me know the URL that you’re using to access this file.

thanks,
James
Technology Service Operations

Hi James,

I’m using http://data.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/syndication/feeds/bus-stops.csv?app_id=… Is this correct, or is there a different URL I should be using?

Thanks,

John

Thanks @JohnSmith - we do encourage people to use the Unified API as these raw files may be deprecated in the future, but I’ll look into this issue and let you know how I get on.

Thanks,
James

Thanks @jamesevans - I am using the Unified API, but I need a greater accuracy than it provides, so I am using this data to help with geolocation of bus stops.

Thanks again,

John

Hi @jamesevans,

We’ve noticed that the current bus-stops.csv file has the entire data duplicated including the headers.
Can this please be fixed?

Thanks,
Denis

Hi @denis_stih

The new file has been updated this morning. It should be all fixed now.

Kind regards,

Pamella Arnold
TfL

Hi @denis_stih and @JohnSmith

Please use the link: http://tfl.gov.uk/tfl/syndication/feeds/bus-stops.csv
to have access to the data.

Thanks

Pamella Arnold
TfL

Hi @pamellaarnold

We’ve noticed the same issue with duplicate headers and data again. Can this please be fixed as soon as possible?

Thanks,
Denis

@denis_stih The files were updated yesterday afternoon. Could you please check if you still can see the duplication?
Thanks

Pamella
TfL

@pamellaarnold I can confirm that the files have been fixed.

Thanks,
Denis

Hi @pamellaarnold,

The duplication issue is back again.
Can we please get someone to look at this issue more closely? It’s been showing up weekly now for the past month and it can be quite time consuming to resolve.

Thanks,
Denis

The duplication issue has reappeared again in the last two weeks.
Can we please get this resolved?

Thanks,
Denis

Hi @denis_stih apologies for the delay.
Files has just been updated.

Regards,
Pamella
TfL TSO Digital

1 Like

Hi @pamellaarnold - thanks for getting it sorted!

The file is now free from duplicate data.

It seems that this may be occurring when the bus_stops.csv is updated and your process is appending to the existing csv rather than overwriting it.

@denis_stih As this has happened more than once, I have put in a failsafe to looks for the last header row in the file (ie. Stop_Code_LBSL,Bus_Stop_Code) and read from there and I think I’ll keep doing that in case this should happen again! It does seem to contain correct data that way.