Bus API status/Route sequences (For Journey Planner Team)

Hello everyone,
In this forum it’s all about reports of buses that are missing stops, journey paths, whether they are incorrect and more general concerns of a particular bus line. This is to help the Journey planner team solve and correct issues and make bus lines more accurate and reliable.
Date of result: 11/8/21
Solved:
52 now on it’s correct journey path
187 now on it’s correct journey path
168 now on it’s correct journey path
224 towards Alperton now serving Cumberland Avenue (N) and Whitby Avenue (N)

Issues/others:
432 towards Anerley are missing Brixton Station (Q)
384 towards Edgware, incorrect latitude and longitude positioning for Garthland Drive (N)
197 are missing Clayton Road in both direction
156 are missing Northcote Road (X), Clapham Junction / The Northcote (V, Y) and Clapham Junction Station / The Falcon (P,T) as this is due to a temporary diversion, this can be verified by checking the Stops
39 is related to 156
344 is related to 156 and is also missing Clapham Junction Station / Grant Road (A) and Strath Terrace
C3 are missing Northcote Road (X), Clapham Junction / The Northcote (V), Clapham Junction Station / Grant Road (A).

Hi @jamesevans
as in our previous discussion of bus 108 and in more simple details, it is missing Bazely Street (C), Blackwall Tunnel / East India Dock Road (M) and Dreadnought Street (MA). it is confusing as it shows 108 operates via Bermondsey but i don’t think that is correct.
Thanks

Via Bermondsey will be correct in situations where the Blackwall Tunnel is closed and the Jubilee line isn’t available to transport passengers across(under) the Thames.

Simon

1 Like

Hi @SJCooper
ah i see now, thanks for that
:slight_smile:

In regards to the 108 stops, I think someone has accidentally omitted them - Even the TfL website is missing them :

it then has it resuming from here:

…but the Countdown data is showing buses due at least at East India Dock Road (M)

Although they are correctly listed in TfL’s busstopsequences.csv file I’m wondering if the ‘run’ sequence listed in it has anything to do with it? The Free Trade Wharf to Boord Street is shown as run 5 starting and ending at those points whilst the Canning Town diversion is shown as run 3 for Brunswick Road to Canning Town and run 4 for Canning Town back to Blackwall Tunnel. I’m not sure how the system would know when to switch from run 1 to run 3 or 5. I would have expected each run to be full end-to-end i.e. Run 3 being Stratford International to Canning Town inclusive but I’ve just dug out sequences files from 2019 & 2020 and it’s the same there.
Route 180 also has a massive alternate route in the stop sequences file and while the TfL website only lists the normal line of route stops, the accompanying map shows both (London Marathon diverson?).

Simon

1 Like

Date of report: 23/8/21
Issues/Others
432 towards Anerley is missing Brixton Station (Q)
384 towards Edgware, incorrect latitude and longitude positioning for Garthland Drive (N)
282 towards Mount Vernon Hospital, Northholt Leisure Centre (F) spelt wrong
283 towards Hammersmith, no arrivals of 283 for Brunel Road (X2) as i think it used to served Brunel Road (O). @jamesevans can this be confirmed as im not sure for this one
285 towards Heathrow is missing Feltham Station

Date of report: 31/8/21
Issues/Others
282 towards Mount Vernon Hospital, Northholt Leisure Centre (F) spelt wrong
283 towards Hammersmith, no arrivals of 283 for Brunel Road (X2) as it used to or may still serve Brunel Road (O)
490 towards Heathrow is missing Feltham Station
108 towards Lewisham is missing Bazely Street (C), Blackwall Tunnel / East India Dock Road (M) and Dreadnought Street (MA)
324, Stops “Village Hotel” and “Roundabout” is incorrect as it should be “Centennial Avenue” and “Centennial Park”
192, “Meridian Water” not found

Ah yes, the TfL-denied station of Meridian Water. Incorrect DestinationText for bus route 97 - #3 by briantist !

1 Like

Date of report: 3/9/21
Solved:
282, Spelling mistake corrected for Northolt Leisure Centre (F)
Meridian Water station found for 192 & 341
Stops now Corrected for Bus 324

Issues/others:
197 is missing Clayton Road in both direction
283 towards Hammersmith, no arrivals of 283 for Brunel Road (X2) as it used to or may still serve Brunel Road (O)
108 towards Lewisham is missing Bazely Street (C), Blackwall Tunnel / East India Dock Road (M) and Dreadnought Street (MA)
Incorrect Journey path for 189 towards Brent Cross / Missing Park Road / London Business School (LM) , Rossmore Road / Lisson Grove (LN) , Frampton Street (LR) and St John’s Wood Road / Lord’s Cricket Grd
474 towards Canning Town / Lines broken up in 3 from West silvertown to Hermit Road

While we are at it, the 339 on the TfL website bares no relationship to the route between East Village and Fish Island

Here’s the (correct, by me) GPS trace of the journey… Yes, it does include a LOOP THE LOOP.

What you can’t see is HOW SLOW THE BUS GOES to make the timetable because there are no stops on The Brand New Road.

So, to this tune - Thompson Twins - Lies - YouTube

1 Like

The navigation for route 339 on the TFL website doesn’t match compared to the first picture, assuming that’s one of the issue?

Yes, I thought that’s what I said!

I thought it was also well know that buses went along roads rather than, say, footpaths…and also went to bus stops rather than bypassing them.

Here’s BOTH DIRECTIONS from the GPS trace…

1 Like

Ah yes i understand, and yes you did say that before, i was just looking through and got myself confused …apologies for that.

1 Like

Date of report: 10/9/21
Solved:
197 towards Croydon is now serving Clayton Road (K)

Issues/others:
189 towards Brent Cross is missing Park Road / London Business School (LM), Rossmore Road / Lisson Grove (LN), Frampton Street (LR) and St John’s Wood Road / Lord’s Cricket Grd (LS)
474 towards Canning Town, lines broken up in 3 (inbound Route sequence)
Navigation for 339 is incorrect on TFL website as the line goes on the footpaths and bypass stops near Hackney Wick. Thanks @briantist for pointing that out

Date of report: 16/9/21
Issues/others:
384 towards Edgware, the position of Garthland Drive (N) is incorrect
283 towards Hammersmith, no arrivals of 283 for Brunel Road (X2) as it serves Brunel Road (O) in the API Data
189 towards Brent Cross is missing Park Road / London Business School (LM), Rossmore Road / Lisson Grove (LN), Frampton Street (LR) and St John’s Wood Road / Lord’s Cricket Grd (LS)
474 towards Canning Town, lines broken up in 3 between West Silvertown and Hermit Road (inbound Route sequence)
Navigation for 339 is incorrect on the TFL website as the line goes on footpaths and bypass stops near Hackney Wick.
The destination for bus 123 is incorrect as it displays “Ilford Haniault Street”

The 474 is the one identified in another thread.

1 Like

Thank you for that :slight_smile:

Date of report: 23/9/21
Solved:
189 towards Brent cross is now serving it’s correct stops

Issues/others:
283 towards Hammersmith is missing Brunel Road (O) as its in the API data
The destination for bus 123 is incorrect as it displays “Ilford Haniault Street”
EL1 serving Magpie Hall lane could be incorrect, I’m not sure for this one

Date of report: 7/1021
Solved:
Bus stop “Fielders cresent” now corrected for EL1 & EL3

Issues/others:
283 towards Hammersmith is missing Brunel Road (O) as its in the unified API
Bus 123 destination is incorrect as it displays “Ilford (Haniault) Street”
Bus 162,208,261,320,336,358,638 &N199 is incorrectly serving Bromley South station (B) instead of (A) in the Northbound direction in the unified API

Date of report: 14/10/21
Issues/others:
283 towards Hammersmith is missing Brunel Road (O) as its in the unified API
P13 towards New Cross is missing Peckham Rye Station (U)
326, Tillingham Way and Holbrook Way Willow Court bus stop positions are incorrect, also 326 is serving Hammersmith Bridge Road (N) in the API which should not
Bus 123 destination is incorrect as it displays “Ilford (Haniault) Street”
Bus 162,208,261,320,336,358,638 &N199 is incorrectly serving Bromley South station (B) instead of (A) in the Northbound direction in the unified API

Afternoon @jamesevans,
Since Bus 326 is now serving extra stops between Finchley Central Station and Totteridge & Whetstone Station, can you confirm to me because in the Outbound Direction theres a stop called Holbrook Way Willow Court (490000375Z) which related to EL1 creating a long line before, i think it should be the same as “Argyle Road Courthouse Road”?
Secondly, i think the position for Tillingham Way is incorrect, as you’ll see in one of the screenshots, the stops for Tillingham Way should be where the crosshair is at. this is related to bus 384 for Garthlard Drive (490020353W).
Lastly, in the API 326 is serving Hammersmith Bridge Road (490007703ZN) which isn’t correct.
Can you get back to me on this one? also is there any news for 432?
Many Thanks