Elizabeth line interchange

As many will be aware, the through running of Elizabeth line trains at Paddington and Liverpool Street begins this Sunday (6 Nov).

For journeys between the west section (west of Paddington) and the east section (east of Liverpool St) customers will have to interchange somewhere in the central section.

TfL are recommending customers do this at Whitechapel as the station has wide platforms and all trains call at Whitechapel. In contrast, for example, Paddington has narrower platforms which are more cluttered with station furniture, so there is a risk of overcrowding if everyone gets off at Paddington.

TfL Journey Planner API will be giving Whitechapel as an interchange for such journeys, but for any routing apps not using the Journey Planner API, please consider defaulting to a Whitechapel interchange, as we believe that would give the best experience for customers.

Any questions let me know, thanks!

@jwithers Thanks.

I moved to E20 because it would be less than 15 minutes away from Tottenham Court Road. Oh, the waiting! :smiley:

I’ve tried to tell Google Maps about their line drawing for next week but not with success yet!

@jwithers I have found a problem! Action Main Line platforms are showing as “URL” (Up Relief Line, not *Uniform Resource Locator) and “-”

seems to suggest the platforms have numbers

@jwithers Also your data seems to have gone off-brand, with the second word in the name of the line being capitalized.

@jwithers Thanks for sorting out Acton Main Line…

I note that my reports to Google Maps also seem to have been acted upon!