IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR USERS OF TRAMS ARRIVALS DATA: Advance notice of temporary decommissioning of trams arrivals data

Due to the poor quality of our trams arrival data (we have noticed up to 7 mins latency in arrival times in our API compared to the on platform boards), we have decided to temporarily decommission the trams arrival data in the Unified API and on our website. We are committed to working with the supplier to resolve the issues and get the trams arrivals back up and running as soon as we can.

We will remove the data no sooner than Tuesday 2nd April to give you time to make the necessary changes to your apps.

Trams arrivals have now been temporarily removed from the Unified API. Better late than never!

We are working with London Trams to fix the issues and hope to have this useful info back in our Unified API in the not too distant future.

Thanks for your patience!

It’s been 2 YEARS since I first complained that tram arrivals data was too inaccurate to be useful for tram network users to depend on it. Where exactly are we with getting this fixed? Why is this problem so difficult to solve? Or is it a matter of lack of motivation? I feel like Croydon is being overlooked and let down here, rather unfairly.

@deed02392 Apologies this is taking so long. Rest assured this is a priority for us. Trams are currently commissioning an investigation into the root cause with the supplier (Siemens) as we have proved that the issue is not due to any latency in the TfL environments. I will update here when I have more information and an idea of when we will be able to reinstate the data feed. Thank you for your patience!

1 Like