Is arrival data for National Rail available?

I’m trying to get live arrival / departure data for a local station. Naptan ID is 910GHRNSY

I’ve tried the following APIs:

This always returns an empty array .

This returns the following:

{
        "$type": "Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities.TimetableResponse, Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities",
        "disambiguation": {
        "$type": "Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities.Timetables.Disambiguation, Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities",
        "disambiguationOptions": [{
            "$type": "Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities.Timetables.DisambiguationOption, Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities",
            "description": "Moorgate Rail Station - Royston Rail Station",
            "uri": "/Line/great-northern/Timetable/910GHRNSY/outbound"
        }, {
            "$type": "Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities.Timetables.DisambiguationOption, Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities",
            "description": "Stevenage Rail Station - Moorgate Rail Station",
            "uri": "/Line/great-northern/Timetable/910GHRNSY/inbound"
        }, {
            "description": "London King's Cross Rail Station - Royston Rail Station",
            "uri": "/Line/great-northern/Timetable/910GHRNSY/outbound"
        }, {
            "description": "Stevenage Rail Station - London King's Cross Rail Station",
            "uri": "/Line/great-northern/Timetable/910GHRNSY/inbound"
        }]
    }
}

Which I guess means I need to specify /inbound or /outbound. So I then do

• /Line/great-northern/Timetable/910GHRNSY%2Foutbound (with correct host etc, forum doesn’t let me paste the full link)

but this returns a 404.

Am I missing something? Or does the API simply not support National Rail?

Hi @eugenio and welcome.

You can get what you want from National Rail Enquires Darwin Live National Rail Enquiries -

The actual thing you want, once you have your login code from the above is “GetArrBoardWithDetails” LDBWS Documentation

In most situations the departure and arrivals are the same but there are exceptions at terminals (LST, Liverpool Street) and those very rate places where NR trains are “set down only” such as SRA Stratford and WFJ Watford Junction.

The NRE three letter code for your station is HRN.

Thank you @briantist ! I’ll try that tonight :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like