Is there no countdown data for Battersea Power Station

As today is the day that Battersea Power Station opens up however, i haven’t seen the first service from Battersea to Kennington on the Countdown API @jamesevans is there a reason why theres no services in API towards Battersea or from Battersea
Thanks

1 Like

hi @Ajebz

We’ve been looking at this issue in the last 30 minutes or so. It appears that the mapping we had for the new destination was incorrect and therefore predictions are not currently showing in the Unified API.

As you can see in the source data below, the predictions are there.

http://cloud.tfl.gov.uk/TrackerNet/PredictionSummary/N

We’re working on this as a high priority incident and I’ll update you here when I have more.

Thanks,
James

1 Like

Thank you so much @jamesevans for responding back to me that instant :slight_smile:

No problem. I was about to post something anyway!

1 Like

We’ve identified a fix. It’s going to take a few hours to build. If we’re lucky, we’ll have the fix deployed by the end of the day. I’ll keep you posted here.

2 Likes

Once again, you’re the man @jamesevans thank you again for spending the time to find a fix for this issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ve released our first fix that now returns trains towards Battersea via CX in the API.

We’re working on the second part of the fix which will then return predictions for those 2 stations. Probably going to be another couple of hours.

Thanks,
James

1 Like

OK, here’s what the in-station indicators look like at Kennington…

which, given the signage ON platform 4 still look like this…

but the stairs to it are better (if not actually 100% correct)

there’ not right but the ones on the trains are (you can get from Waterloo to/from Oval via Kennington during the peak)

I guess I’m a bit disappointed that there’s no updated signage inside Kennington but I can understand why updating ALL the Northern line stations will take time.

Sorry for the late reply @jamesevans went back to rest as waking 5am is very early for me :slight_smile: ah yes i see the positions now and also live times at Nine elms. Thank you again :slight_smile:

Haha - you beat me to it @Ajebz.

We now have both our fixes live.

Thanks,
James

1 Like

@jamesevans

Thanks. I note with interest that now it’s working that that the station-station-station thing seems be have been reduced to simply “Battersea via CX” (the driver says the train’s destination was “Battersea” also).

Only showing one platform is, I presume, old friend “no predictions outbound near terminals” :slight_smile:

yeah, you got it. Nine Elms does show Northbound predictions when the train in Battersea is put into service. They have a shelf life of about 3 minutes!

2 Likes

Indeed
Amazing work and dedication from @jamesevans and team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this the first one to MHE?

@jamesevans Should Central London branch still be showing at Nine Elms going south? Didn’t they disappear on the Northern Line services heading north from Camden Town? They do all now seem to be showing (from Kentish Town, say)

1 Like

@jamesevans Not sure it’s ever helpful to a passenger to list a station you can’t get to (yellow ones) as here at Camden Town. The green ones list places you CAN get to.

1 Like