Journey Planner Datastore zip file not uploaded

The Datastore file is normally uploaded late on Tuesday evening or early on Wednesday. At the moment (just before midnight on Wednesday) there has been no update; the file available for download contains files dated 28th January rather than 4th February.

Michael

Hi @mjcarchive - the Journey Planner Team are now looking into this.

Thanks,
James

Hi @mjcarchive - this has now been resolved.

Thanks,
James

James

Hmm. I have just downloaded the file again twice. It still contains the 28th Jan files.

The link I am using is

ww.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/syndication/feeds/journey-planner-timetables.zip

Unfortunately the only way to find out if the file has been freshly created (never mind whether its contents are new) is to download all 120Mb of it. It can;pt be checked from the Data Bucket because (as far as I am aware) it is not listed there.

hi @mjcarchive - can you please try again, I needed to invalidate the cache on the CDN

https://tfl.gov.uk/tfl/syndication/feeds/journey-planner-timetables.zip

Thanks,
James

That sounds painful, James.

It’s done the trick anyway.

Just the ongoing Resurrection of Dead WTTs and the Mystery of the Missing Spider Maps to sort out now…

Michael

Michael

@mjcarchive

We’re still working on that. The processes that do this include a fair bit of legacy processing so are difficult to get your head around. Spider’s web is a good analogy

Thanks,

James

No update so far this week either. Though as I assume rather than know that it is meant to happen late Tuesday evening I may be jumping the gun but after last week’s experience I thought I’d get in quick(er).

What is the timetable for updates anyway?

In the words of Major Burns, just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean that people aren’t out to get me (see threads on Working Timetables, Spider Maps…).

Michael

Hi @mjcarchive

The Journey Planner team uploaded this yesterday at 3:35pm.

I downloaded a copy of this today and it seems to be up to date. Can you please try again and let me know the result.

Thanks,
James

James

Thanks. The file contains the correct files now but I can assure you that it did not this morning! It cannot be caching at my end as it downloads a fresh file each time. Perhaps they updated somewhere but didn’t update the location that I use until this afternoon?

Michael

(Sigh) - Again the Journey Planner Datastore file has not been uploaded yet this week. Should have happened late Tuesday evening. At least, that’s when it happens more often than not though it would be useful to know the timetable for this (and the WTT upload for that matter).

AFAIK it is impossible to tell whether the file is new without downloading all 141Mb. Not so clever if your internet deal has a download limit.

1 Like

Have you tried using an HTTP HEAD request? If so you get back just the HTTP Headers, not the file body and I checked they include a last-modified header - currently set to: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:25:53 GMT - so looks like they’re updated correctly.

I am a simple soul who just selects a saved bookmark and down comes the file! I am afraid I have no idea how to make a HTTP HEAD request. Do I write a script in order to do so?

Another way would be to add it to the TfL Data Bucket list?

The file for 17th March hasn’t been uploaded yet.

@mjcarchive

OK, I’m going to guess is that “the lockdown” of London is something that TfL have planned, but don’t really want to publish ahead of schedule?

Quite why this is starting with closing lift-only stations, I’m not sure, but there it is.

@briantist @mjcarchive

The issues are unrelated.

We did upload a new file on 17th, but it appears that it contained the 10th’s data. We’re going to look at it, but we’re currently prioritising the remodelling of the data for the short notice changes which were communicated last night.

Thanks,

Understand completely, James. Thanks for posting.

Hi @mjcarchive @briantist - this is now resolved. Please let me know if any further issues.

Thanks,
James

Ach! Just downloaded it from

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/syndication/feeds/journey-planner-timetables.zip

and it is still the files from the 10th.

Michael