Kentish Town closure

Please be aware that Kentish Town Underground Station will be closed from 26 June for up to 1 year.

Any questions just let me know.

1 Like

Is this like the escalators at Cutty Sark… now into their half-decade of being fixed? :stuck_out_tongue:

Actual question: the Network Rail part of the station will remain open?

Yes the National Rail station should remain open, I don’t believe there will be any impact to Thameslink services

1 Like

Just to add to this, there won’t be any timetable changes for the closure, the only change is that customers won’t be able to get on/off at Kentish Town.

The change won’t be reflected in TransXChange timetables, so open data users using timetables and not the Journey Planner API, please be aware you would have to implement this change yourselves.

Any questions just let me know, thanks.

@jwithers I can’t help noting that

says

Perhaps some note could be made as to the year-long Northern closure here?

Asking for a friend…

Hi Brian,
The closure message has been on the Status Updates pages since the end of April

Regards
Matthew

( cc @GerardButler )

Erm…

The message I posted was from the site last night and right now “Tube, Overground, Elizabeth line, DLR & Tram status updates - Transport for London” - /tube-dlr-overground/status/#stations-status - has no entry at all now for Kentish Town.

Hi Brian,

The closure does not begin until Monday 26 June

Regards
Matthew

@briantist Looks like you were possibly on the “Now” tab?

@jwithers

I see, the closure hasn’t yet started. I must have misread the starting date in the press. .

My apologies.

A quick reminder that the Kentish Town Underground closure is due to go ahead from Monday 26 June (see Joe’s original post for more details).

Please also be aware that the changes will be reflected in next week’s TXC (it missed this weeks).
Any questions, please let me or Joe know. Thanks

Out of interest (as this effect one of my team) what’s the official advice?

The only other TfL station that I can think of like this is Kensington Olympia (London Underground) which doesn’t have the District Line but has a good Overground service.

The Thameslink trains mainly pass through Kentish Town (timetables changes are impossible as such short notice) so there’s a usable Southbound TL train here every 30 minutes.

Is the best advice to walk to Kentish Town West and use the Overground and change at Highbury and Islington to use the Victoria Line to get into Central London … or walk the 800m north and use Tufnell Park?

It’s a shame that the slack can’t be made up from all those Thameslink trains passing though!

Hi, please see our web page for travel advice:

2 Likes