Missing facilities for Battersea Power

No much I guess. The reason for the ‘observation’ is probably this.

In 2019 TfL announced plans to convert Snaresbrook station to ‘Step Free Access’. Someone (presumably not TfL) applied for the building to be given ‘Listed’ status protection which was refused for the reasons described in the link above.

@netstruggler Thanks for that link. It seems that the officer doing the review can see what I can see!

architecturally the station lacks cohesion, having undergone several phases of alteration (originally built 1856, partly re-built 1893 and considerably altered in 1947), which do not complement each other particularly well;
whilst the station retains elements of several phases of railway history, it is not a good example or representation of any one particular phase.

Anyway, I think I might have perhaps argued my case here as well as I might.

I’m still interested in where the obvious (to me) “history trumps utility” of most of the tube network comes from.

@mjcarchive I really like Liege station! My point was that the station is made of appropriate materials and not …

… it looked as if it had been not so much designed, as congealed. The unpleasant … lumps and edifices which protruded from it at unsightly angles would have disfigured the looks of most … but in this case, that was sadly impossible. Uglier things have been spotted … but not by reliable witnesses.”

on a good note, I see that SouthEastern have changed the train display I was complaining about!

Screenshot 2022-03-02 13.16.13

You can now see quickly how far you need to walk (thank you SouthEastern!)

Another history trumps utility example…

The legacy of the Metropolitan Railway can still be seen on the bridges outside Kilburn station crossing over the High Road, even though the station is served by the Jubilee line.