Options for using tfl API with other api's

Hello all,
I am after advice on how others are using the API. Only recently started to use the API. I would like some of the options available via the City mapper api. For instance when leaving a train station citymapper indicates clearly where you are when you exit for instance

I assume this is achievable via a combination of api’s say for example Google street view together with tfl api data? I would appreciate some pointers.

@YJay

We’ve looked at this in the past and I think that they data you’re after has been hand-coded by Citymapper.

If you look at station hub for, say https://api.tfl.gov.uk/StopPoint/910GHGHI you will find NaptanRailEntrance under “children”…

"children": [
    {
      "$type": "Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities.StopPoint, Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities",
      "naptanId": "4900HGHI",
      "indicator": "Entrance 1",
      "stopLetter": "1",
      "modes": [
        "overground"
      ],
      "icsCode": "1000108",
      "stopType": "NaptanRailEntrance",

The problem with working out which one to use a directed graph to work out the route to use…

1 Like

Thank you @briantist. Hand coded that will explain it I assumed perhaps powered with something else alongside the UApi. I will dig into the response from the the linked endpoint and see where it takes me.

Many thanks again.

Good luck. If there’s anything else I might know please ask.

Will do. Thank you very much.