Out of date refund collection email (Owing to an operational issue, you are due a payment of £3.00)

I got one of those “Community Chest” style Oyster email message

Owing to an operational issue, you are due a payment of £3.00.

However the email says that I need to collect this from a specific location, which is no longer true, you can pick up refunds from anywhere.

Could someone perhaps fix the template for this message?

Hi @briantist

I’ve passed this onto my colleagues in the payments technology team who should be able to rectify this.

Thanks,
James

Hi @briantist

I have spoken again to my colleagues.

In your case, the station-specific refund location is correct. This is due to the type of refund issued to you from the Analytics team.

This is the last type of refund where it is station-specific and the Payments Technology team are working on moving this refund type to the “all-stations” solution in line with the other type of refunds.

Thanks,
James

1 Like

@jamesevans

Thanks. I did ask the helpline, but I guess who I spoke to didn’t know the whole story.

Brian

1 Like

A friend of mine also received one of these emails after travelling on the Goblin. It would be better if some way could be found to replace ‘operational issue’ in specific cases like the free travel on Goblin services in September.

He can also confirm that the station is specific as he used a different local station initially, but only got the refund the next day at the specified station.

1 Like