Problems with /Line/Route/Sequence 1/1/2022-30/6/2022

Result of update dated 21/4/22:

Lines duplicated: W15, W18, W19

Also I note that the dreaded 503 errors are back with us again (300+ in the 1st pass)

We had an issue with our release and rolled back. Weā€™re going to be trying again shortly with no/fewer 503s this time!

@nickp - our re-release was successful on Friday. In terms of the W15, W16 & W19, there are temporary timetables that overlay the base timetable. These have been put in for a diversion for utilities works around Leytonstone station / Fairlop Road. We have been informed that these should finish in May, although we donā€™t have a solid date on that. Once the diversion is removed, we will return to having a single timetable and the duplication will go in the subsequent data release.

Thanks,
James

@jamesevans , thanks for that. I have no problem at all with multiple timetables, itā€™s the fact that you are reusing the same branchId for more than one segment. This becomes particularly aggravating when the branches have nextBranchIds and/or prevBranchIds, when it becomes difficult/impossible to work out which link is supposed to go where. This is further complicated by the fact that some branches are missing, so that you can have next/prev links to non-existent branches in one set that may exist in another set. See practically every /Line/Route/Sequence for a rail line, together with any bus route that loops or splits and rejoins, for copious examples

Thanks, I understand the issue. Just wanted to update on the situation. I need to revisit this with the dev team once our work on Elizabeth Line is over to see if thereā€™s a way of handling this better.

Result of update dated 25/4/2022:

Line restored: W15
Lines duplicated: W16 (my typo last week), W19

The error 503 problem has indeed been resolved, as @jamesevans said

1 Like

Result of update dated 26/4/2022:

Lines duplicated: W14, W16, W19

Also W15/outbound has stops 490009139B (Leytonstone Stn / Grove Green Road) and 490016503Y (Gainsborough Road) in the wrong order

Result of update dated 4/5/2022:

Lines restored: W15, W19
Lines duplicated: W14, W16

Hi @nickp

Both the W14 and W16 have temporary schedules in operation until the end of the month once these have finished there should be no duplication for these routes

1 Like

@MScanlon , I know that, but see my comment to @jamesevans a few posts above

1 Like

Result of update dated 5/5/2022:

1 Like

Result of update dated 9/5/2022:

Line restored: N266 (hadnā€™t spotted the earlier duplication)

Result of update dated 12/5/2022:

Result of update dated 16/5/2022:

Result of update dated 17/5/2022:

N3 - inbound (Bromley North - Oxford Circus) deleted

1 Like

Hi @nickp

N3 inbound seems OK to me, is there something specifically wrong?

https://api.tfl.gov.uk/Line/N3/route/sequence/inbound

Thanks,
James

1 Like

Hi @nickp, @jamesevans,

Line N137 is deleted

Regards,
A

Hi @Ajebz

Weā€™ve found the issue on the N137. Weā€™ll let you know once we have been able to promote the fix.

Thanks,
James

1 Like

Hi @jamesevans ,

I got an error for N3 inbound:

##Unexpected WebException for /Line/{id}/Route/Sequence/{direction}?id=n3&direction=inbound&serviceType=Regular: 6 The request was aborted: The request was canceled.

Seems to be OK now. Just one of those temporary things, I guess

Edit: It would seem that a Timeout can sometimes appear as a Cancellation - who knew? Iā€™ll add it to my list of retryable events

2 Likes

Result of update dated 20/5/2022 (published 24/5/2022):

Line restored: N3
[Edit]: Line added: elizabeth!

1 Like