Problems with /Line/Route/Sequence 1/1/2024 to 30/6/2024

So, result of update dated 12/4/2024:

Lines restored: District, DLR
Lines duplicated: C1, N31

Northern/inbound: wrong stop at Mornington Crescent
Piccadilly/inbound: wrong stop at Hatton Cross (3x)

I don’t know where these are coming from,but it looks as if you have an enduring source of error every time something else in the station data changes

There is a fair bit of remodelling of platform areas at tube and DLR stations at the moment being undertaken by the Journey Planner team. Unfortunately these platform codes have a lag in getting to the dataset that our build uses. We are manually adding these codes but some are slipping through. We’re trying to catch more of these, so hopefully won’t be an issue much longer. We’ve asked our Journey Planner supplier to refresh the dataset more frequently, but this will be done during the next update of the data management system.

Thanks,
James

Result of update dated 16/4/2024:

Lines restored: Northern, Piccadilly

464/outbound: split into multiple sections again - I don’t think this is correct
N15/both directions: split into stopping/non-stopping sections

Hi @nickp - glad to see no platform codes seeping through this week!

The 464 looks to be caused by the minibus shuttle service currently operating. This should be going back to normal tomorrow with a new schedule coming into effect.

The N15 appears to be an issue with the import of the source data. This will be reworked for next week’s release.

The N31 and C1 are currently running temporary timetables regarding the closure of Pembroke Road. These should drop off on Monday when that road re-opens.

Many thanks,
James

Result of intermediate update on 30/4/2024:

Line deleted: 464

N15/both directions: split into stopping/non-stopping sections

hi @nickp - we have a fix for both the N31 and 464 but we’re having some issues running our release pipeline at the moment. Hopefully will be fixed soon and we’ll get these fixes in.

Many thanks,
James

Result of update dated 30/4/2024:

Lines restored: 464, C1, N15, N31

R5/R8/R10/358 (also E7/U2): your route ‘optimiser’ is incorrectly removing the non-Walnuts Centre route. Just incidentally, it’s also the thing that makes your National Rail routes far worse than they need to be. I suggest that you either remove this piece of code altogether, or get someone to look at the problem far more deeply - it took me a long time to get my version of this working more or less satisfactorily

Result of update dated 7/5/2024:

Line duplicated: N44

Same comment as before about the Orpington routes, but I’m not going to keep on about this, as I feel that it’s on your too difficult / lost cause list

Hi @nickp - I haven’t forgotten about the Walnuts routes. It is a bit tricky though, so trying to find some uninterrupted time to focus on it.

Many thanks,
James

Result of update dated 14/5/2024:

1 Like

Result of intermediate update on 25/5/2024:

Line deleted: 52

Result of update dated 31/5/2024:

Lines restored: 52, N44
Line duplicated: N41

57/inbound: split into stopping/non-stop sections
63/outbound: Clayton Road is not a passenger stop (again)

Result of update dated 5/6/2024:

63/outbound: Clayton Road is not a passenger stop (again)

Result of update dated 12/6/2024:

63/outbound & 363/outbound: Clayton Road is not a passenger stop

Result of update dated 17/6/2024:

Lines restored: 63, 363
Line deleted: 395

Result of intermediate update on 22/6/2024:

Line restored: 57
Line deleted: 395

Result of intermediate update on 23/6/2024:

Line restored: 395

1 Like

Result of update dated 26/6/2024:

Lines duplicated: E2, E9, H14, N7, N41, R4, S1, W5

Topic continues in Problems with /Line/Route/Sequence 1/7/2024 to 31/12/2024. Thread split to keep the size manageable