Routes 63 & 414 no valid real time data

Neither routes are currently providing valid data. In the Countdown API we’re at least getting “destination = ‘No Information’” and “Direction = -1” for each vehicle on the route but the Unified API (https://api.tfl.gov.uk/Vehicle//Arrivals) is just returning “{}”.

:frowning:

Simon

2 Likes

So is 3, 13, 32 & 95, very random?

1 Like

Also 147 168 258 283 309 325 363 381 405 412 460 P12. There may well be others.

Rather oddly, for some routes buses can be seen as having operated on the route during the day, even though no stop-related information is being returned. There seems to be a cut-off pojnt, differing between routes. It looks as if reports suddenly stopped coming in and at that point buses on the road were deemed no longer to be in service.

Many of the routes identified have seen changes today. I would take a wild guess that they all have but some of them may just be stop changes, not affecting the timetable. From afar this looks like a simple failure to load the new schedules.

2 Likes

E3 is another. See the next thread up.

As my post on that thread explains, something is being reported but the destination field says “No Information”. This seems to be enough to prevent the London Vehicle Finder (and other Countdown-using apps?) from reporting arrivals across the route as a whole but not at individual stops. Seriously weird.

1 Like

Still naff this morning.

On some of these routes, LVF is still reporting the odd arrival … on the 12th. On others, none. Beyond my comprehension.

3 Likes

I find the absence of any reply whatsoever rather disturbing, as the thread was opened four working days ago (albeit two of them non-working days).

Michael

1 Like

Well the disruption feed is is not displaying live buses correctly, so SOMEONE at TfL is aware at least…

1 Like

Oh yes. “some routes” - that’s useful.

1 Like

Appears to be OK now though!

1 Like

I suspect the issue is that the iBus software that TfL uses to run these systems isn’t very good at being disrupted in this way and can’t make timing changes based on some types of route change (re-routing down a different road) but can deal with others (short running).

Brian

While the screen grab above includes reference to diversions, I don’t think that was the problem here. As far as I can see it affected all the known changes from last weekend, including the 414, where the only change was a cutback from Maida Hill to Marble Arch and is not, I think, subject to any diversions. It may have affected a few more routes as well but I strongly suspect that they will turn out to have minor operational changes such as changes to driver duties. Unfortunately I cannot confirm that because the working timetable update went wrong and has still not been corrected.

Michael

Hi all,

Apologies for this. There was an issue with the iBus data not being refreshed into Countdown (and other systems) on Saturday.

The changes to the timetables and operators on a number of routes (including 63 and 414).

This has now been resolved now and predictions are being returned for the affected routes.

Thanks,
James

1 Like