TrackerNet live tube data InsufficientMemoryException

The TrackerNet live tube API is currently returning an ASP.NET InsufficientMemoryException error page.

e.g. requesting central line: http://cloud.tfl.gov.uk/trackernet/predictionsummary/C

We’ve seen this kind of instability on and off this past week. Hopefully someone can fix it. Some more error details:

“Exception Details: System.InsufficientMemoryException: Memory gates checking failed because the free memory (55865344 bytes) is less than 5% of total memory. As a result, the service will not be available for incoming requests. To resolve this, either reduce the load on the machine or adjust the value of minFreeMemoryPercentageToActivateService on the serviceHostingEnvironment config element.”

The InsufficientMemoryException seems to be resolved / gone away

Because we’re polling this API and receiving emailed error messages when it goes wrong, I can tell you that there is still something wrong. It’s a more subtle intermittent XML truncation problem, which we’ve seen for periods before, and which is still occurring at the moment.

I can give more details but… well let me know if anyone is reading this

Yes, I have also seen this happen, and the out of memory issue affects me too. I’ve had an error in my code that results in a null response from time to time, and I worked out last night it was due to this issue.

Very frustrating.