Tram Predictions Missing

Good afternoon all,

We’re currently missing predictions for the tram network - it appears there is missing data from the source.

I’ve raised this with the Trams system suppliers and I’ll update you when I have further updates.

Thanks,
James

Update - 30/12 15:33 - I’ve been informed that due to the closed section of the tram network, the Trams operator is running trams ‘manually’ which is most likely contributing to the lack of data in the system. We are seeing some predictions in the system but this seems to be limited and intermittent.

1 Like

Thanks @jamesevans !

@jamesevans

I just got this by email

Dear Mr B,

Following the fire in George Street, Tram services remain suspended this evening between Reeves Corner and East Croydon.

We expect to be able to resume services by mid-morning tomorrow, Thursday 31 December.

Perhaps this the reason for no data?

Hi @briantist

It looks like it - I put my update earlier above. As the trams aren’t running to timetable in most cases, the Tram Management System can’t assign predictions to it, meaning that we either get the odd tram in the predictions but most of the time it’s out. We’re going to see what happens tomorrow when the service resumes. It’s possible that there still may be an issue as the trams may have a speed restriction alongside the building that has burnt down but we’ll see how that pans out and discuss further with Trams Ops if needed.

Thanks,
James

As expected, the resumption of the normal running of the tram service this morning led to the restoration of arrival predictions.

Thanks,
James

1 Like