Tube Map Uses in Android application

I have the same question. I already “built” my own tube map in my app using lat and lon coordinates but I would like to include a screenshot of a different tube map. So, we can use the noise map without licensing?

The data is in the pubic domain. You will need to attribute the map design to TfL.

1 Like

Just to make sure, we need to remove the title? And this map can definitely be used without paying the license fee? Thank you.

Hi @Kupod5uR

We do have a map licensing policy. Please see below for details:

Thanks,
James

1 Like

Thank you for the link. I have the same question as the OP. Is there a map that can be used for free or a very low fee? Obviously it would be attributed to Tfl.

Hi @Kupod5uR

I’m not sure. If you email Pulse Creative, they will be able to advise the licensing terms.

I believe that there is a free licence available depending on what you’re using it for, but I’m definitely no expert on the matter so will defer to them on policy.

Thanks,
James

1 Like

I emailed Pulse Creative and they said that developers need to pay a license fee. Is the noise map designed by TFL? Can it be used for free? Thank you.

I did the noise map and the noise data is in the public domain, but it is overlaid on a public domain map to which Transport For London. However only the lines layout (but not the famous colours) and stations were kept, the map removed much other data. For this reason there is no reason to think that the noise map is an attempt to bypass the copyright, but is legally “fair usage” as it is comment on a matter of public interest.

1 Like

From where can we download the noise map?

The original is kept here

If you want the raw data? It’s in a set of Excel files.