U3 bus Oyster Data

Hi,

I am currently doing my final year project based on public transport. for that, I need minimum 2 weeks of oyster data for U3 bus route. This project is about predicting arrival time based on occupancy. Hope you could help me with this .

Thank you
Rashmi

hI Rashmi I will pass your request to our data and analytics team who should be able to help you.

Hi Rashmi,

We have made a two week sample of ticketing data available as open data; the data is available as a .zip file and can be accessed through this post on our Digital Blog: Is customer flow data useful to developers? – TfL Digital

The data covers two weeks in October 2015; 11/10/2015 to 24/10/2015 inclusive. The bus journeys dataset should include what you need. Please note that this represents all recorded bus boardings per stop (so for example, also includes contactless boardings, not just Oyster as specified in your request). Further, the data represents number of recorded boardings by bus stop by route, as opposed to occupancy.

The metadata file will give you a description of all the fields, and includes a lookup for each bus stop code.

Please note that in order to ensure we are complying with data protection legislation and to prevent the potential identification of individuals, all rows where less than 5 people have boarded a bus from a stop at a specific time have been inputted as 5 boardings. This may have the effect of inflating the overall count of bus boardings at certain stops.

Please do let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your help. But could you please explain me the JourneyTime ? Is the transaction-time from 12.01 to 23.59? But it has 28.30 at the end. Hope you can help me with this.

Kind Regards
Rashmi

Hi Rashmi

The TfL Travel day is defined as 04:30 to 04:29; that’s 04:30am on the date in question to 04:29am on the following day (however the same ‘travel day’).

As the transaction time here is expressed in “minutes after midnight”, when converted to an hh:mm format, time after 23:59 is on the same ‘travel day’ but has passed into the next calendar day. So for example 25:00 would be 01:00 the next day, 26:00 would be 02:00 the next day, etc. After 28:30 (04:30am), we pass into the next ‘travel day’ and so time resets to 04:30.

Hope this makes sense, and happy to give any further clarification.