Alexa skill - London Underground Times

Hi,

I’ve created an Alexa skill which gets the next arrivals using the live feed. Here it is:

It remembers the station you asked for so you don’t have to ask for it again the next time.

Feedback welcome :slight_smile:

I know that Paddington gives strange results, and maybe other stations. I decided not to do lots of post-processing of the data (to correct strange platform names and certain lines being treated as two lines) but I’ll see how it goes.

Cheers,
Rob.

1 Like

Added a Bus Times skill as well

There are now 5 TfL-based Alexa skills (and one for Asteroids). They’re all listed here with links to launch them directly if you have Alexa devices

Sounds like really useful skill! Keep up the good work. I’ll be sure to give it a try once I finaly get my hand on Alexa.

2 Likes

I’m showing my age but could someone please explain what an “Alexa skill” actually is?

My only interaction with Alexa ended up with me telling her/it that she/it was useless. After a few seconds I got the reply “Thank you for your feedback”…

1 Like

Create Alexa Skills Kit | Amazon Alexa Voice Development is a good intro to them.

The Google Assistant version coding is here - Google Assistant  |  Google Developers

1 Like

I’ve updated the London Train Times skill so it works with Elizabeth line.
Here’s the detail page:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tech-Software-Ltd-London-Train/dp/B08HGFV127

Here’s a fancy invocation link if you have an Echo:

Unfortunately it’s getting 1-star reviews, I don’t know why. I’m guessing that the reviewers are asking for national rail stations. Let me know if it doesn’t work!

1 Like