Are anticlockwise Circle Line trains now called H&C from Aldgate?

I’ve noticed that anti-clockwise (Hammersmith-bound) Circle Line trains disappear from the TfL live data on the “north side” of the “inner circle”, so at Great Portland Street (say) the only Circle destination is “Edgware Road (Circle)”, all the Hammersmith-bound trains are called

[

]

whereas they are Circle Line trains at Monument with a destination of “Hammersmith”

[

]

I guess this isn’t unhelpful, but it does mean that the Circle Line disappears, even though it’s there in the Circle Line route description data…

Hi, this is because TrackerNet provides a combined feed for the Circle line and the Hammersmith & City line. For some predictions, we can use the current station and destination to distinguish between the two lines. However, at stations that are served by both lines, for trains towards Hammersmith, there isn’t really a way to distinguish between Circle line services and Hammersmith & City line services, which results in this odd behaviour.

As an aside, there are cases where you’ll be on a Circle line train and it suddenly changes into a Hammersmith & City line train:

1 Like

@LeonByford

Thanks. Of course! my original code I wrote used Trackernet and there is only a single code, “H” for both (Circle and H&C) lines. I guess the 4L sub-surface system is just one system with different colours, from a programming point of view…