Average journey times across London and TravelTime SwaggerUI

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a way to find average journey times by transport mode between multiple points around London (similar to the recent post by @ross). This doesn’t seem to be available through open data (though correct me if I’m wrong, it would be very useful!) but is there a reasonable way to get this via the API?

I have tried TravelTime on the SwaggerUI but it keeps returning an error 500 and I can’t tell if the actual data can be returned from what appears to be an overlay

Thanks,
Izzy

Hi Izzy, apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Unfortunately TravelTime is an internal API used by the WebCAT tool so is not supported for public use - as you can see it’s not listed here https://api.tfl.gov.uk. It should also be hidden on the Swagger UI, so that’s a mistake on our part. I’m afraid that API is very specific to the WebCAT application, so would be difficult to use elsewhere.

Hi Tim, thanks for you reply. Would I be able to use detailed data from the WebCAT application via the API? I am a researcher at the University of Reading, and I am trying to get average journey times across London using different modes of transport. The WebCAT application seems ideal, at least for bus and cycle.
Otherwise, do you know of any open data available that might help me?
Thanks

Let me see if the raw data is available…

@IW29 I’d recommend contacting the WebCAT team on [email protected], using the details on this page to request the raw data for PTAL and TIM.

Thanks Tim, I’ll ask them.