Bus Predictions Unavailable - 5 May 2023

Good afternoon everyone,

We’ve currently got an outage to bus predictions in the API.

I’m speaking to my colleagues who look after the Countdown system and will update you all here once we know more.

Thanks,
James

1 Like

This is currently working again, but the underlying incident is still being investigated. We may have another outage, but will post here if that is the case.

Thanks,
James

predictions are working, but TfL bus locations in BODS haven’t updated since 13:10ish on 5 May – I guess this is related?

Predictions seem to have stopped again, some time between about 5 and 6 pm today (Tuesday).

Countdown API is timing out or throwing 502 Bad Gateway errors this morning @jamesevans five of five attempts failed. :frowning:

hi @SJCooper

There seemed to be some issues earlier, but it appears to have been stable since about 10:10. Are you still seeing issues?

Thanks,
James

Just tried two pulls via different tools and both worked. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,

Simon

1 Like

@josh - apologies I missed this yesterday. There was an issues with caching on the source data systems that are looked after by a supplier. They have now resolved this and the live bus locations in BODS are now available.

Thanks,
James

1 Like