Countdown API timeout

Countdown API is down.

Error message:

Something went wrong?

Sorry for the inconvenience

Connection timed out

The initial connection between Cloudflare’s network and the origin web server timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

@jamesevans

• Error reference number: 522
  • Cloudflare Location: London

I’m seeing the same. A lot of timeouts today

Average latency for the weekend was 3000ms (this is with a 10000 ms timeout, so actually reduces the average as this is a max value, but many requests end up taking longer).

At least with the move to CloudFlare the poor performance is now fairly consistent.

I even had to change my wording from “slower than usual” because slow is now usual.

Please, is someone looking at this with seriousness? I am spending more and more of my time having to explain the issue with the API to people This has been building for months now and each time things are meant to get better, it’s postponed or gets worse.

I just don’t see any urgency from TfL on this - the cha he which was supposed to help was postponed several weeks and things are still not better.

I am exhausted and don’t know what to say to people any more as they just don’t trust that this is being taken seriously.

LVF is seeing the same issues too. :frowning:

I’m reminded of when LU changed its wording from “a normal service” to “a good service”, presumably on the grounds that to some passengers - sorry, customers - bad was the new normal…

Hi @jason @SJCooper @mjcarchive

I’ve posted an update about latency/performance in the other thread:

I hope that you’ve seen an improvement since 11:30am today.

thanks,
James