District line feeds replaced/operated by Circle line "City via Victoria" Wimbledon branch Eastbound

District line showned as “City via Victoria” or to finish at Parsons Green is being replaced by the Circle line on feeds between Wimbledon and Parsons Green (Eastbound).
Can this be looked into please as it creates confusions on my app with the circle line, as a result the positions of the circle line are put random due to this.
Thank you

I also forgot to mention as this problem is similar to the District line on Wimbledon branch, the Circle line between Tower Hill and Gloucester Road (westbound) is being operated by Hammersmith & city line, shown on the feeds. screenshots are provided.
Aldgate station feeds are incorrect and Platform 2 and 3 are served by the circle line which should not.

as train 207 is displayed as “Edgware road” only, train 210 is shown as “Edgware road (Circle line)” (seen in the last screenshot of open map) explains the feeds at Tower Hill to show train 207 is served by Hammersmith & city and train 210 served by Circle line. Luckily no postions on the Hammersmith & city line was spotted by this.

@Ajebz

Is this not just because of the work going on for the 4LM project that has closed the Met/Circle/District/H&C over various weekends and will do for another several years?

Hi @grahamwell, thanks for re-raising this issue.

Could you please confirm whether you have noticed this issue in TrackerNet or the Unified API (or both)?

Looking into this, the TrackerNet data seems fine to me, but I can see there may be an issue with the Unified API. When I request live arrivals for Putney Bridge, the “City (via Victoria)” trains have a lineId of “circle”, whereas I would expect it to be “district”:
https://api.tfl.gov.uk/stoppoint/940GZZLUPYB/arrivals

These “City (via Victoria)” trains seem to appear in the TrackerNet feed for the District line, so I’m not too sure why they are appearing as Circle line trains in the Unified API.

Am I understanding the issue correctly?

Yes, my apologies, the issue seems to be with the Unified API Arrivals data. The trackernet data is correct, it shows the trains as District line, heading (as I look now) to Barking or other points east.

The Unified API shows these as Circle line trains with a destination always as Parsons Green, which makes no sense.

Thanks for looking into this.

Just to add to this, I believe the problem also affects the display boards at (at least) Putney Bridge. It is quite common for the display to show City via Victoria and have an Edgware Road train turn up, and vice versa

Thanks for confirming. At first glance, I cannot identify the cause of this, so I have logged this for further review. For reference, this has been logged as ticket #91166.

As far as I can tell, this particular issue only seems to be affecting arrivals at Putney Bridge. I cannot find any Circle line trains when querying arrivals at other stations on the Wimbledon branch. But if anyone does notice any, I’d appreciate it if you could post the request URL and the response received, to help us debug the issue.

Here is an example. This is a train that Trackernet shows as 077 City (via Victoria) that left Wimbledon at about 23:00

At Wimbledon Park
https://api.tfl.gov.uk/stoppoint/940GZZLUWIP/arrivals
It looks like this:
{“$type”:“Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities.Prediction, Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities”,“id”:“1834709304”,“operationType”:1,“vehicleId”:“077”,“naptanId”:“940GZZLUWIP”,“stationName”:“Wimbledon Park Underground Station”,“lineId”:“district”,“lineName”:“District”,“platformName”:“Eastbound - Platform 1”,“direction”:“outbound”,“bearing”:“”,“destinationNaptanId”:“940GZZLUPSG”,“destinationName”:“Parsons Green Underground Station”,“timestamp”:“2023-05-25T22:01:58.3025338Z”,“timeToStation”:120,“currentLocation”:“Approaching Wimbledon”,“towards”:“City (via Victoria)”,“expectedArrival”:“2023-05-25T22:03:58Z”,

So it is a District train at this point, albeit with a puzzling destination

At East Putney though
https://api.tfl.gov.uk/stoppoint/940GZZLUEPY/arrivals
…it’s turned into a Circle Line train

{“$type”:“Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities.Prediction, Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities”,“id”:“-262310796”,“operationType”:1,“vehicleId”:“077”,“naptanId”:“940GZZLUEPY”,“stationName”:“East Putney Underground Station”,“lineId”:“circle”,“lineName”:“Circle”,“platformName”:“Eastbound - Platform 1”,“direction”:“outbound”,“bearing”:“”,“destinationNaptanId”:“940GZZLUPSG”,“destinationName”:“Parsons Green Underground Station”,"

… and here it is at West Brompton
https://api.tfl.gov.uk/stoppoint/940GZZLUWBN/arrivals

{“$type”:“Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities.Prediction, Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities”,“id”:“-1743788855”,“operationType”:1,“vehicleId”:“077”,“naptanId”:“940GZZLUWBN”,“stationName”:“West Brompton Underground Station”,“lineId”:“circle”,“lineName”:“Circle”,“platformName”:“Eastbound - Platform 2”,“direction”:“inbound”,“bearing”:“”,“destinationNaptanId”:“940GZZLUPSG”,“destinationName”:“Parsons Green Underground Station”,

At Earls Court, its turned back into a District line train destination Upminster.

This seems to happen with every train from Wimbledon going East, the Unified feed shows it as a District train to Parsons Green up to Southfields, from then on it becomes a Central line train to Parsons Green until it gets to Earls Court.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Many thanks, this is very helpful. I have updated the ticket with the info you have provided.