Matching Overground trains - Darwin and Trackernet

Hi, a quick question that someone might have an answer …

On some lines (Bakerloo, Metropolitan), Trackernet arrivals data gives details of other services (Overground and Chiltern) that share the track. The data is patchy though, for example once Overground trains pass beyond Harrow and Wealdstone on the way to Watford, Trackernet has no interest in them. The same trains also appear on Darwin, the NRE service and can be followed deeper into Suburbia.

There doesn’t seem to be any way of linking the data though. Trains on Trackernet have their own SetIDs which don’t seem to correspond in any way to the data on Darwin. For example here’s an Overground train at Kensal Green, Trackernet calls it 065, no LCID or Leading car data and the two weird Trackernet IDs 1813311 and 1814181. On Darwin it’s 2793429.

I can see it’s the same train, but I’m stumped as to how I’m going to get the computer to agree with me.
Thanks

@grahamwell

See RTI

Indeed. This happens for the District/Overground overlap at

• Richmond
  • Kew Gardens
  • Gunnersbury
  • (sometime as a final destination) Upminster

As we as Bakerloo/Overground

• H&W
  • Kenton
  • South Kenton
  • North Wembley
  • Wembley Central
  • Stonebridge Park
  • Harlesden
  • Willesden Junction
  • Kensal Green
  • Queens Park
  • (sometime as a final destination) E&C

And Met/Chiltern

• Amersham
  • Chalfont & Latimer
  • Harrow on the Hill

The main issue to remember is that:

• TfL shows the arrival times, Darwin prefers to give you departures times (but does have both)
  • TfL services only shown once they are in motion from the start. Darwin uses the timetable and shows the variations from that as the live data.

So… I’ve found that the main problem is Willesden Junction! I think that if you can, at these places use the Scheduled Arrival times Darwin sta) to match up the services you can get there. Most of the time the timetable has a 60 second “dwell time” for each station, but there’s no guarantee of that especially at Gunnersbury, Queens Park and Harrow on the Hill