Example: Stop G, Naptan ID 490001299D
If I get the “big” list of stops I find its lat/lon:
I plot it on a map with
and stop seems to be where I expect it:
But if I ask for the details of this stop using https://api.tfl.gov.uk/StopPoint/490001299D/ I get different values:
Closer inspection shows that despite specifically asking for 490001299D I’m being given the lat and lon of 910GTURKYST – which is Turkey Street Station, close on half a mile away.
I really think if we ask for details of a stop point such as 490001299D it should return the details of that same stop point, not some other object that isn’t even very close to the stop.