New south western entrance now opened at Stratford station

Dear TfL Open Data users,

Please be aware: a new south western entrance was opened at Stratford station last week, information about this can be found below.

The new entrance provides direct access from Gibbins Lane to the station, and is adjacent to the Jubilee line platform 13 and DLR services to Stratford International, with step-free facilities within the main station concourse.

This entrance is cashless which means that you can only top up your Oyster card or buy tickets using debit or credit cards. You can also top up on the go with our Oyster and contactless app.

Contactless can be used to pay as you go at the gates. If you need to use cash, you can top up at any other ticket hall at Stratford station, or at local Oyster ticket stops.

This entrance will be closed during London Stadium events, but other Stratford station entrances will be open as usual.

The entrance and new footpath route linking the entrance to Gibbins Road is available in TfL Journey Planner and NaPTAN data for journey planning.
NOTE: The NaPTAN ID for the new entrance is: 4900STFD4

Additional information about the opening of this new entrance can be found on the blogger site, ianVisits and on Newham Borough Council site.

2 Likes

I guess the signs don’t need to say it, but this is the quick way to the Olympic Pool.

2 Likes

@briantist Thanks for adding the pic! - you must be a local

1 Like

I guess the signs don’t need to say it, but this is the quick way to the Olympic Pool.

I favour the underground route through the carpark. I think it might still be slightly shorter than via the new entrance and when it’s raining you don’t get so wet (until you get into the pool).