No support when needed

Over the bank holiday weekend the Trackernet API was causing every application using it to crash or return errors. The error was a 503 service unavailable.

This forum was I thought set up to report these issues and get feedback from the TfL tech team? Yet when we need them they all have the day off. In this particular case 3 days. Who on here from TfL is responsible for monitoring the feeds on weekends and also responding to faults raised through this forum because it seems like no one.

Hi ryan.forsyth,

On behalf of Transport for London, I would like to apologise to you and other users of Trackernet for the issues that you experienced over the bank holiday weekend.

I know the critical elements of the Unified API are monitored 24/7 but outside of this, we are working on improving our comms for service issues and have been talking to internal teams about how we can be alerted if the feed goes down in future.

The Tech Forum is not currently monitored outside of office hours. If you experience any further issues outside of office hours, please email [email protected].

Thanks,

Dave

1 Like