Oyster Card Journey Sample

Hi,

I’ve found the 5% sample of Oyster Card journeys on the TfL website here, but it’s only from 2009.

Obviously, the world has moved on quite a bit since then, so I was wondering if there was more up to date information available anyway. I’ve tried looking around, but can’t see it anywhere,s o thought I would check.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay. I am looking into it and I will get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Kind regards,
Pamella Arnold

Hi Paul

In answer to your question, we do have a more up to date dataset. There is a two week sample of station entry and exit volumes, bus boardings (by stop and route), and number of journeys between station pairs (including journey time between the two stations) from October 2015 available as open data.

For more information, please read the following blog post over on TfL’s Digital Blog, where you will find a link to the dataset and a description of the contents: Is customer flow data useful to developers? – TfL Digital.

I hope this helps. Let us know what you think of the data - we are always keen to refine and improve our datasets based on feedback from the open data community.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

That’s great thanks! Just what I’m looking for!

Now to get the data crunching tools out!

1 Like