Zone numbers missing on Bus Route Stop Sequence

Hi, Is there a reason why some London travel zone numbers are blank or missing when querying the bus route stop sequences?

hi @Leo

Do you have any examples where this is the case?

Thanks,
James

Hi James,

The “Zone” key only appears if travel mode at a particular stop includes national rail, tube, or TopMostParentId is HUBXXX or 910Gxxxxx, where StopType is NaptanRailStation or TransportInterchange. Zones are not shown where the mode is bus only or TopMostParentID is 490G0xxxx.

Here is an example of a stop with mode bus only, and another with stops for other modes of transport.

“$type”: “Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities.MatchedStop, Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities”,
“stationId”: “490G00003138”,
“icsId”: “1003138”,
“topMostParentId”: “490G00003138”,
“modes”: [
** “bus”**
],

"$type": "Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities.MatchedStop, Tfl.Api.Presentation.Entities",
  "stationId": "910GPCKHMRY",
  "icsId": "1001223",
  "topMostParentId": "910GPCKHMRY",
  **"modes": [**

** “overground”,**
** “bus”,**
** “national-rail”**
],
“stopType”: “NaptanRailStation”,
“zone”: “2”,
“lines”: [

Hi Leo - that makes sense if it is coming from its NaPTAN parenting. Will do some testing to prove this!

Thanks,
James

@Leo I thought that buses don’t have zone. It would be really hard for them to work with them as they look gerrymandered… Whoosh Zonal Map thing

It’s the same fare everywhere within the GLA area.

The buses had City Zone and West End Zones back in the 1981…

Thank you for your reply and information. Very interesting. basically it means I will have to remove the zone info for all bus stops in the route sequence I have in the app.

1 Like

@Leo

Can I suggest “bus zone” to parallel “London Trams fare zone”.

The bus fares can count towards your “Tube” daily cap, but there is a special daily bus fare £5.25 cap (of £1.75 per “Hopper”). There’s no penalty for either entering Zone 1 or riding during peak hours on the busses.